Outstanding applicants are invited to become a part of the SERB-UBC funding for the academic year 2020-2021. Up to five opportunities are awarded to the students residing in India.
The program supports Indian students who want to undertake a Doctoral degree program in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
Application Deadline: May 8, 2020
Established in 1908, the University of British Columbia is a public research university that offers various undergraduate and graduate degree-level programs for the students. It is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world.
Why study at the University of British Columbia? UBC offers an enriching and supportive environment for international students and prepares them for work and success in the future. Here, the students will get a variety of courses and complete support from the experienced teachers.
Each scholarship provides four years of funding: a monthly living allowance of USD 2,000 plus funding by UBC to cover tuition costs.
- University or Organization: University of British Columbia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: USD 24,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 5
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
SERB-UBC funding for Indian Students in Canada Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from India are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The The studentships are awarded to pursue a PhD degree program in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed their previous degree in India within the last 24 months of the application deadline.
- How to Apply for SERB-UBC funding for Indian Students in Canada: To be considered for the opportunity , applicants must apply to study in a PhD degree program at UBC at either its Vancouver or Okanagan campus following UBC’s normal procedures and deadlines. Applicants are encouraged to state in their admission application or otherwise notify their prospective graduate program of their interest in being nominated for funding from SERB. UBC-V and UBC-O graduate programs are to provide the names and UBC student numbers of admitted PhD applicants from India via the SERB PhD Scholarship survey (https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cBmdzALgZBRIf8F).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide copies of the documents such as academic transcripts, certificates, and CV.
- Admission Requirements: Students must check the academic entry requirements of the chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
Our scholarship administration expertise has helped thousands of students from developing countries.
Got a question? Email help@ email@example.com