The University of British Columbia is taking a wonderful initiative for motivated students through the Rio Tinto Graduate program. The grant is exclusively open for both domestic and international students.
The funding program is awarded to those aspirants who want to commence their masters or doctoral studies in the academic year 2020-2021.
Application Deadline: Open up to May 2020
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, which is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world. It offers undergraduate and graduates degree-level programs for the students.
Why at the University of British Columbia? The university provides an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people.
The university offers an $18,000 funding for a graduate student in a field of pure or applied science related to Rio Tinto’s activities.
- University or Organization: University of British Columbia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Graduate
- Award: $18,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
UBC Rio Tinto Graduate program for International Students in Canada, 2020 Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: award is awarded to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree program in a field of pure or applied science related to Rio Tinto’s activities. Eligible research areas are aluminium metallurgy, electrolysis, hydrometallurgy, environment, analytical technologies, modelling and control systems, and data science.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or accepted in a first-year Masters or first or second-year Doctoral studies in the year 2020.
- How to Apply: To be considered for the opportunity , applicants must take admission to the graduate degree program at the university. After that, they will be automatically considered for the funding program.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a cover letter, proof of enrollment or acceptance, project description, transcripts, two recommendation letters, and CV.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.