Applicants are invited to apply for the Engineering and Computing PhD Positionsfunded by the University of Queensland. The grant is open for both domestic and international students.
The bursaries are part of a new project funded by Oracle Labs Australia to model and verify sophisticated compiler optimizations in the Graal Java compiler.Advertisements
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Great chance for international students.
0 (0 votes)
Established in 1909, the University of Queensland is the fifth oldest public research university in Australia. It offers associate, bachelor, master, doctoral, and higher doctorate degrees for international students.
Why at the University of Queensland? The university provides a unique kind of education and a learning style that encourages one to be innovative, creative and think independently. It has a strong research focus on science, medicine, and technology.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $40,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the globe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The The studentships are awarded to pursue a PhD program in the subject area of engineering and computing.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree with at least honours class IIA or equivalent from approved universities, which includes a relevant research component.
- An honours or research master’s degree in computer science.
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component.
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis.
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For grasping the opportunity, applicants have to take admission in the PhD program at the University of Queensland. After that, students must submit an online application for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to upload a CV, an academic transcript for all post-secondary study undertaken, certificates, copy of passport and contact details from two referees with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates will be selected on the basis of some knowledge of compilers and intermediate representations.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The scholarship value is $40,000 per annum tax-free for three years, with the possibility of two 6-month extensions at the standard RTP rate ($28,092 per annum, indexed annually) in approved circumstances.